Tuesday 17 April 2012

Altered Heart

Hi all,

Thought I would share this project with you.  A young friend of mine was re-decorating her bedroom and brought me a bag full of oddments that she thought I might be able to re-cycle!

Well one of the items was this wooden heart:


After painting it with gesso, several times, I painted it purple with acrylic paint.  Added a doylie, flowers, swirls and a die cut butterfly.  The small butterflies and pearls were cut from a stem which was also in the bag of oddments.  Added a pink ribbon bow and some wire to hang it. 


My friend has hung it in her newly decorated purple bedroom.

Thanks for looking


Entering this into:


5 comments:

  1. Wow this is lurvely Jax - fab how you can turn something so plain into something so pretty see you soon Polly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Jax!!! This looks so very pretty. Thanks for playing along at That Craft Place challenge this time!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jax....love the purples.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow gorgeous hanging, lurrrvvveee the colours and the flowers are fab. Bet it looks beautiful hanging up. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog this time :-) Kezzy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I just found your blog and I am so excited. Your blog is right up my alley in the things that I look for in a site: 1. an artful imagination, 2. noncommercial, 3. paper crafts, 4. journaling (I never thought of incorporating a calendar into my art journal, what a great idea). I'm looking forward to becoming blogging buds. Your newest follower, Connie :) Please accept my invitation to visit and hopefully follow my blog, as well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete