Sunday 19 February 2012

Lady in Red

Hello my friends. 
Just before Christmas the lovely Polly ran a workshop at Grimsby Crafts.  It was inspired by Julie Nutting Designs.
A fantastic day, enjoyed by all the ladies who attended.
We drew our croquis on to paper, cut it out, inked the outline slightly  and dressed it.
The dress was built up with various layers of cardstock which we cut out and embossed and then enhanced the embossing with metallic shimmer.  The dress was then embelished with a flower die cut and some bling to finish it off.
We drew and cut out the hair, embossed and coloured it and glued it to the croquis head.  A slight dusting of chalk to the cheeks enhanced the face.
The background was the reverse side of a piece of wallpaper. I used stamps and distress inks to create my background.
The image was then framed.
I was so delighted with my finished lady that I made another one and gave them to my daughters as Christmas gifts.  I then had to make myself one because I loved them so much.
I made mine in red to match the decor of my room where it now hangs on the wall in there.
Please take a peek


Thanks for looking

No comments:

Post a Comment