Saturday 3 March 2012

Prom Night

Hello my friends

I would like to share a bit of scrappy happyness with you. 

It was my grandaughter, Jasmine's school Prom in June 2010.  There were lots of photos taken of her and her many friends in their beautiful dresses and tuxedos.  In a lot of cases what happens to all those photos?

I scrapped alot of Jaz's photos into a mini scrap album which I made out of mint green envelopes that I had in my stash.  They were a perfect match to her gorgeous dress that I had the pleasure to help her choose on that fun day when she tried on many, but fell in love with the chosen one as soon as she put it on.

The cover of the album was made from chip board which I painted with acrylics and covered with paper. The large flower was the large flower from the tattered floral die cut out of grunge paper (I love grunge paper), inked and embossed. I put a photo of Jaz into a tiny metal frame and used it as the centre of the flower.  Two small grunge paper flowers from the same die and some painted chip board letters complete the cover.

A tag on the binding (done with my bind it all machine) and a few ribbons and beads to decorate.  I also put a tiny photo into one of the Tim Holtz fragments - the guys in their tuxedo's, and hung it with ribbon from the binding.


I'm not going to show you every page, it would take me ages, there are quite alot of them!  But as the book opens I inked and painted a body form die cut and stuck marabou feathers on the page to make the skirt ot the dress,  Some bling finished it off.


This next page shows a photo of Jaz as she has finished getting ready and how beautiful she looks.  The page gives room for journaling.


I enlarged the tiara and cropped it from one of the photo's and stuck some bling to it. Stuck this to a page to form a pocket.  I made a little concertina photo album to sit in the pocket.



Cheers Girlies!!!


A limo to take them all to the prom.  Each page had a tag inside so that more photos could be put in the album.  This is one side of one of the tags and another journaling spot.  Each tag had photos on each side.


Another one of the tags - A rainbow of beautiful girlies.


Another page with a journaling spot.  This page I made from cropping the bodice of her dress and blowing the image up to make it larger, then printed it onto plain paper and embelished it with bling.


I had great fun making this scrappy and Jaz was really pleased with it.  She enjoyed her prom and I hope she will continue to enjoy this album which holds her memories.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this


No comments:

Post a Comment